Friday, November 26, 2010

Definitely the Wrong Door

I have been gearing myself up all day so far to write this memory.  It's a past experience that hopefully noone else will ever have to encounter and it's part of my story so here goes... I was living with a guy I met on the street in his sisters cockroach(totally) infested basement. For some reason he had taken a shine to me and I left my drug dealer boyfriend ffrom the other side of Seven Mile in Detroit and it seemed like an eternity away. As an addict I was comfotable living in one block surrounding so I was aware and could keep a better eye on my saftey. This territory was new to me even tho it was only a couple of streets over.  I went out to hustle for the day and a couple of middleman dealers saw me on the street and asked if I was straight. Itold them I hadn't made any money yet that day. One of them said when You do knock on the door on the corner and say C sent you.  So off I went to sell my soul and body consecutively for my next high.  After a couple hours I had  collected enough for a reasonable high and decided to take a break. I saw the houses on the corner but I never remember seeing the middle men at either one of them.  So I went to the house a couple doors down near the corner. As I approached the door I heard several playing Xbox or PS2 or some type of video game and laughing and seemed like they were drinking and having a good time. I knocked. I heard who 's that? I replied MyName, and C sent me he told me stop by. I heard all kinds of rushing around in house and suddenly I was swurrounded on the porch by at 5 men and one of them had a gun pointed directly at the side of head. I explained what was going on and cowered they told me never to knock on this door again.  It was the main dealers house and although I saw them several times direct cars away from the house to conduct business in my wanting to get high so bad I made another really bad decision.One that could of cost me my life. Thjey told me to leave and I walk/ran away. One of the other middlemen ran aftet me and asked me what I was looking for. I told him are you crazy they almost killed me I'll go else where. He persisted in asking me and I told hoim I was just looking for a twenty. He said wait here and took mymoney and shortly remturned with less great quality dope.  I went to my friends coackroach infested basement and smoked and didn't relate this story to anyone until now.  It was definitely the wrong door, but in addiction I made so many bad decisions. Besides the decisions i made to get high were the bad choices I made in the lifestyle and how I went about supporting habit and getting high.  It's only through my Higher Power's grace and mercy I am here to relate this story.  Today I am granted the benefit of a clear mind, it's not to say I don't always make good choices but I don't make dumb choices anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how scarey! Please know that I totally relate, my friend. I was simply not afraid of danger when seeking the high! I would hitch-hike,I ran down the street naked once, lol! I had a fist fight with the police while naked as a jaybird! The INSANITY of it!! Sometimes I just have to laugh at my crazy ass! Isn't it wonderful to lay your head on the pillow at night knowing that you did your best with what you had that day? No dogs of guilt and shame chasing you... Ahhhh, I love sobriety!!

    ReplyDelete