Thursday, December 16, 2010

Recipe Because of Recovery.

I don't know why I was uncomfortable the last couple of days, but today I have a great perspective on my life.  I am sitting my warm house and the smell of oregano and garlic is filling all the rooms.  I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs.  As I was cooking, I realized, I had all the ingredients I needed for a good meal and I have all the ingredients I need for a successful life.
Take 1 cup of a puppy's love and half a cup of doggie kisses, blend with 2 cups of a warm place to stay and 1/2 a cup of phone calls from my daughter.  Mix together and let simmer for 20 minutes.  Then add 1 visit to a true friends house for a fun conversation and 1 visit to my dads house for family love and 3 cups of a Higher Powers love and understanding, and combine the 2 mixtures.  Add a dash of humility and a generous sprinkle of gratitude and then bake at 300 degrees in an oven(that you own, in your home, that's working because the electricity bill has been paid), and bake for 1 hour, in which time, take the time, to soak feet and relax(because I can, I have the ability to relax just because, and do not have to be hustling).  When the cake comes out of the oven there is no need to frost it, because everything I needed and truly wanted is already mixed together in the cake.  Take a knife and slice a sweet piece of recovery.
Of course there is more to recovery, I need the support of NA meetings, my therapist, and a network of friends who aren't using however these are all people I can invite to enjoy my cake today.
I am in a good space and hope all my readers are too, if you aren't remember to reach out to someone else and call on your High Power to help you through.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!! I am so glad to see that despite your struggles recently, you gaining not only insight, but inspiration. Keep telling your story...people are listening and being helped!!

    ReplyDelete